Introduction to David Hsu
Mr. David Hsu is the current president of Asian Nutrition and health Association in California (2009 to present). ANAHA is a prominent Asian trade group in Southern California in the area of drug, dietary supplement, cosmetic product, and medical devices with members consists mainly of distributors and manufacturers. Our main interests are in US FDA / USDA / state regulations, technology issues, business cooperation, etc.
Mr. David Hsu is also currently the president of New Century AAA Inc. With more than 30 years working experience in the industry and FDA, he is an expert in the areas of food / health food / drug / medical devices / cosmetic products in both technical field and FDA / USDA regulations. Mr. Hsu has also been lecturing in China and Taiwan from the invitations of China’s and Taiwan’s top Science, technology and trade authorities.
1971 - Graduated from Department of Chemical engineering, Chung-Yuan University with B. S. degree
1977 - Graduated from Department of Food Engineering from University of Delaware in 1977 with Master of Science degree)
1984 - Graduated from Virginia Commonwealth University with a MBA degree.
1978 - Mearl Corp. (cosmetic ingredients) - Chemical engineer.
1980 - Philip Morris (tobacco, food, beverages, etc.) - Senior Chemist / microbiologist.
1986 - Wrigley Inc. (confectionery products) - Flavor Chemist.
1989 - Monsanto Chemical Co. (chemicals, devices) - Research Engineer.
1991 - Presto Food/Suiza Inc. (whipped cream coffee creamer, ice cream, etc. products) - Product Manager.
1995 - Pfizer Inc. (medicines, etc.) - Senior Scientist / engineer
1999 - FDA - Senior consumer safety officer
2002 - Present - President of New Century AAA Inc.
(Recent patents and publications)
1) Bioabsorbable hemostatic gauze - U. S. patent publication no: 2007 / 056066 A2
2) Antler composition and its manufacturing process (U.S. patent No 7,005,144)
3) The application of a new spraying method and device in administering Chinese herbal medicines for fast body absorption
4) The implication of using warning label on Chinese herbal medicine products
5) Introduction to FDA's approval process on medical device 510K
6) Quality system for medical device industry.
7) Introduction to Drug GMP
8) The FDA's New Regulation, Bioterrorist Act, that changes the world of food and dietary supplement
9) The use of micro-encapsulation in non-nutritive sweeteners
10) The physical parameters of stabilizing whipped cream
11) The introduction of California Food and Drug Branch (FDB)
12) How to prevent adulteration of herbal medicine and problems with filth and contamination
13) The recent nightmare brought to the importers by FDA